Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sailing As Therapy

I cleaned my garage a couple of weeks ago. At least I gave it a good start. I threw out a bunch of stuff, boxed up things for electronic recycling, bagged up all the newspapers, and gathered things to get donated to the local assistance league people. It was a carload of stuff. I see the irony of going out every week picking up things I don't need when there's so much other stuff in the house to get rid of. But I can't help myself. I probably need some kind of therapy. But then I tell myself, "This is my therapy." Ahh...a vicious cycle. I still went sailing this morning.





And look! How can you not buy these pretty little molas? Five of them for $10. I have no idea what I'll do with them. The woman who sold them to me said, "I told myself I would make them into pillows and I never did." I get that. I'll never make these into pillows. But to me they're little works of art. And you just can't pass up beautiful artwork when it becomes available. Right?


I also bought two brand new 11 x 14 canvases. Here was my thought process: 'Hmmm. Brand new. $2 each. Great price. Will I ever paint something on these? Maybe. I mean, I have paint, right? Maybe when I'm retired. Maybe in the summer.' So I buy them and throw them in the trunk, & immediately realize that right now I'm completely hooked on "painting" on my iPad so I'll probably never use real paint again. But you never know. And $2 for brand new canvases, still in the wrappers. Great price. See? See how this works?


Also found two big fat David McCullough books for a buck a piece. And last, but definitely not least, this very pretty necklace of turquoise, silver, and whatever those little reddish brown beads are. $3. I figure that if it turns out that I never wear it, (a distinct possibility), someone will want it. And if not, my jewelry-making sister Terry can cut it up for the beautiful beads.












So...therapy is over for this morning. Now to house cleaning and yard work.

3 comments:

  1. Those sure would make nice pillows... I love the pink dog-skeleton-esque looking one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could re-string that necklace as a damned fine rosary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read both those books. When you read 1776, you'll wonder how we ever won the revolution!

    ReplyDelete