Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tesoros

We've been having unusual weather this week. Ridiculous heat (now that it's officially fall) and monsoon-like showers. There was a little far-off thunder this morning, which did not deter us.
There were a few intrepid sellers armed with tarps out there.

Here's what we found:


More books for kids. Skippyjon Jones is an enormous hit in my classroom, even though my daughter thinks he might be a "leetle beet" racist. He is a Siamese cat who pretends to be a chihuahua. When he enters his semi-magical closet, he begins to speak in his "very best Spanish accent." There are a series of SJ adventures and my third-graders, who, by the way, are mostly of Hispanic ethnicity, love him. And, I admit, I love to read these aloud. Always good to have extra copies.




I actually found an adult book of interest today. Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick. I've read In the Heart of the Sea, which was excellent.






It must be pillow season: I got this really nice black bolster for $4.








I found a slouchy, soft wool sweater, big & boxy in my favorite shade of green. It will be nice if it ever cools off around here. $2.


Uno tesoro mas: this green beaded bracelet for $2.


Hasta la vista, muchachitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment