Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's Easy Being Green

It was raining (again!) this morning, so there was no reason to go out saling.
I decided to dredge up some oldies but goodies.
Today's focus: green stuff.
Not "green" as in reduce, reuse, recycle...although garage saling certainly qualifies.

We're talking the color green. I have sort of a thing for it. In piles of useless dreck dragged out onto driveways my eyes will always seek out the green stuff. In a quick walk around my house here's what I came up with:


The lamp is one of a pair that I bought for $10 at a school rummage sale.
I had to buy new shades for them, but otherwise they were perfect for my front room. Those pale green glass goodies sitting next to it were purchsed together for about $5. does anyone know what that jug is for? I just thought it was kind of pretty.
I think I paid $2 for this tall turquoise green vase. I love it.









There are a lot of vases here...it's ridiculous really. Most of them were very cheap. The one that I paid real money for (ok...$20) is the art deco looking one sitting with the jade green bowl ($1)
and the olive tray (also $1). I think I paid $10 for the big green bowl full of sea shells, and another $10 for the set of four fruit bowls that I have sitting on my kitchen counter. The little hand-made ceramic pot sits on my mantle and holds matches. The bright green pear is very heavy and made of marble. It's a nice paper weight for notes, bills, etc for the many people who get mail at our house. (But that's another story...or another blog.)
Then there are the green clothes, green jewelry, green linens, and green dishes that I've picked up.
There's a reason that sock monkey is posted for my profile photo: he's green.

No comments:

Post a Comment