Saturday, September 25, 2010

That is a little more like it!

The past couple of Saturdays have been so dismal for saling that I wasn't even planning to go this morning. But when Gail came out of her room fully dressed with purse in hand, I decided to head out. It turned out to be a pretty good idea! Here's what we found:



Two little black and white lamps: if you've been reading this post for a while I guess you can figure out where those are going to live.



New pillows: I never buy new pillows any more, but I switch them out pretty often. In this neighborhood, people are constantly redecorating. It's funny, too, because when you find pillows at yard sales (which is pretty often), there are oodles of them at the same house. They must do a complete pillow purge! I chose these three from a giant pile of about two dozen. They're perfect on my brown leather yard-sale sofa!

















The lamps and pillows were purchased at the same house, along with this pretty little silver & ceramic box, a mortar and pestle, this nice silver tray, and the adorable measuring spoons. The total price for everything was $18. Not bad.




Other sales yielded these goodies: an Everyman's Library edition of John Donne's poems and prose. Very pretty. I've actually paid real money for other editions in this series. A set of eight very sturdy Crate & Barrel wine glasses for $4. We are constantly breaking these around our house. A brand new giant bubble maker (if you've never tried these, you might not be impressed...but trust me, they really do make giant bubbles.) Gail found a brand new Cuisinart ice cream maker for $5. It says it uses "no ice or salt". How is that possible? We intend to find out.

It's hot here today. Bubbles and ice cream could figure in our immediate future.

3 comments:

  1. Those pillows are awesome. I need to find a better neighborhood than ours to yard sale in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BJackie: Come join me any time...but I can make no promises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to come join you, but I just got into a 'every-Sat. morning we'll get together and write' deal w/ my writer gal pal. But one of these days I'll def'ly come up. What is the best "sailing" season do you think?

    ReplyDelete