Saturday, November 6, 2010

'Tis the Season?

This morning every garage sale had Christmas crapola for sale. Every one. Is there anyone out there who needs more Christmas crapola? Really?

I did find a couple of things amidst the festive falderal.
An Anne Klein jacket for $2. Maybe with black pants or skirt...
it's greenish, of course. (See last week's post.) Two more scarves,
which I need about as much as I need more Christmas crapola...but
for $3...well, I couldn't resist.

Jenga Xtreme! "Edge of your seat fun!"
It's for my classroom...and it does look fun, more like "Spread out on the floor fun."
Finally...a doggie toy for my sister's recovering tripawd. (See http://poochsmooches.blogspot.com/)

She deserves something
nice...probably something nicer than a 50 cent, garage sale, nondescript, tubular, wild animal.
But there it is.

Now I need to keep it away from my own wild animal:
here she is.

*By the way...I'm being extra careful today not to make grammatical errors. However, I have a tendency to use a lot of .... which I'm sure drives my serious writer type family members completely crazy. Anyway, when I used the spellcheck, it did not like the words crapola or falderal. Am I misspelling those? I don't think so! Of course, it rejects doggie and tripawd as well.

5 comments:

  1. Indy has some of those long skinny toys (from Costco) and loves them. Although she sometimes trips on them when running with them in her mouth depending on how she's holding them. Given that Abby is so much taller, she will not have this problem. And I believe the correct spelling is "folderol." There's a word you don't get to use every day. Did it perhaps suggest "Crayola" for "crapola?" Gotta love the spell check suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe spell check doesn't recognize doggie. That's just wrong. That toy looks great! Abby will love it! (I won't let her read your blog, so it will be a surprise!)

    Cute pic of Rox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @khanten
    I actually checked on falderal, and I think I have it right. But you never know. English is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merriam Webster's has it with two "o"s. Maybe the "a" is the British spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, that pic of Rox smiling is so cute - you should send it to The Bark. They post cute smiling dog pics on their web site every week.
    www.thebark.com/content/smiling-dogs

    ReplyDelete