Saturday, September 18, 2010

%$^# Happens

It was so bad out there today that I shouldn't even bother blogging. I bought a Barefoot Contessa cookbook for a quarter. That's really about it.

It was very damp and cool this morning, so poster-board signs hung by inept sellers curled in on themselves rendering them useless. When we were actually able to find sales, there were hoards of people scrounging through piles and piles of baby clothes. There was nothing but baby clothes. It was unbelievable. Rude drivers double-parked all over the place, boxing us in more than once. People were actually trying to have garage sales in areas where their entire property were surrounded by open trenches from city street workers. C'mon. Wait til next month! The icing on the cake was when Gail unknowingly stepped in fresh dog business and then got back in the car. Bleahhh. Time to go home.



On a more upbeat note, remember the little purse I bought last week? I used it this morning and it worked great (except for the part where there was nothing to buy.) A woman actually offered me ten bucks for it!



Finally, I do have one thing to show off. Last Sunday morning, after the really bad sailing on Saturday, Joe & I headed out for a walk only to find a neat stack of free stuff on the neighboring cul-de-sac's corner. We snagged this little dresser, which is in perfect shape. Sometimes free happens, too.

1 comment:

  1. The only free stuff I ever see in my neighborhood is someone's trash that they think someone will take if they stick a "Free" sign on it. Like my neighbors, whom I call the Joads because of all the crap they have, who have put out broken vanities, unusable appliances, etc. that then sit for days until they drag them back into their overstuffed garage. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete