Saturday, September 11, 2010

Some Days Are Like That

Some Saturday mornings would be much better spent in bed. This was one of them. There were poorly worded, curled up signs with text in about a 12 font size. Really irritating. There were used paint brushes, and I mean we're talking house paint, for $5 and $6. There were strange things from Alaska at at least three different sales, including some very creepy fur-covered gnome-like baby dolls (the seller assured us they were very popular in our 49th state) and Sarah Palin's Going Rogue. There was bad parking. I was completely boxed in by double parked vehicles at least twice. There was an "Estate Sale" that wasn't. Not even remotely.


Gail found stuff. Mostly things for her Mexican toy box.


Here's what I found: Russian nesting dolls (it's a classroom thing...we read a story where they play a part, and it's nice to have bits of "realia", which I'm pretty sure is a made-up, teacher word). A little black bag that will be useful for yard sales (ones where I may actually buy things) because you can have your money handy and your hands free. It cost me $5 which was probably too much. A kid book about rabbits, chipmunks, and squirrels. And the piece de resistance: another squirrel. This one's a little glass dish that says Avon on the bottom. I'm not sure if he's supposed to hold a candle (which seems lame...wouldn't a squirrel's tail catch on fire?)
or...nuts? Anyway, he was cute and I grabbed him. He cost a buck.


I think this Russian nesting doll's expression pretty much says it all. Should've stayed home in bed.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, you are right. I want that glass squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @khanten: Can you believe there were squirrel knick knacks two weeks in a row? What are the chances?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking he's a nut holder (he he) not a candle holder.

    ReplyDelete