Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saling Once, Saling Twice...

I was prepared to stay home this morning. Rain was forecast. Also, after digging, planting, and dragging pots around the back yard last weekend, I had wrenched my back pretty good. But good old Carol was here at 7:30, the sun was (sort of) shining, and we went out anyway.
Here are the finds:
A fish plate: $1. I love this fish. I'm going to hang it up, I think. I have another deeper blue fish plate it will look nice with.

Blue bowl, tray, and basket: $1. The bowl was being used as a planter & was half full of dirt. I saw the tray first & thought it would be a nice bird bath. Then when I went to pay for it, the guy said, "Oh, here's the pot that goes with it." Now I'm not sure if they're bowls, pie plates, pots or what. Pretty, though.



Another little goofy cement thing for succulents. I have a pretty big yard with lots of corners to stick things into. This one with the three cherubs (note the one on his back underneath) will fit in some corner somewhere. It was also $1.


A wicker basket which Carol convinced me would be perfect for storing my Beanie Babies at school. $3. The Beanies inside it were a gift from Carol, who is on a mission to clear things out of her garage. Ooohhh! Lots of new prizes for next year's math students! The basket is way better than the funky paper sack I have them in now, I must admit.


A brand new set of Mexican train dominoes. If you haven't played, you are missing out. My dad used to love this game. $2.

And last, but definitely not least, the "Nutshell Library" by Maurice Sendak. This was thrown in with the fish plate, basket, and dominoes and therefore came home for free. It is one of the sweetest little sets of kids' books ever produced. Maurice Sendak. I love him.

Maybe Chicken Soup with Rice for dinner this week.







2 comments:

  1. An excellent haul. I also love that fish plate. You sh/def'ly display it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of cool stuff. I also love that plate and would proudly display it. I paid full price for that same set of dominoes.

    ReplyDelete