Saturday, August 21, 2010

Flower Frogs and Other Fabulous Finds

Now that it's time for me to go back to school, we are finally having summer. Today was a rare sunny morning. Perfect for a little sailing! My friend Nancy is here visiting for a few days, so when Carol came by we were three. We had a lovely morning, but we had to leave a lot of great buys behind. We saw a beautiful old dresser and mirror set for $35, but no one was really ready for a big furniture purchase this morning. Later we left a very nice set of redwood patio furniture for some other sailor. But we still managed to bring home a trunkful of treasures.


Here is the entire haul: purchased for a collective total of $66. Carol & Nan bought hats for $1 each, and the little director chairs are Carol's. She also bought both of the little spice racks and the flower pots. Nancy found this antique rack from an old train car for $4.












For me? Cushy red pillows for my TV-watching couch, a pink leather bag from the Gap for $3, and a magazine rack (yes...another one, but better this time!) for $5. My favorite finds this morning are the flower frogs. I haven't seen any like these before. I got all three of them for $9. I have sort of a collection of them now, as you can see, all from garage sales. ((That's the white ceramic one, filled with little geranium blossoms.)








Last, but not least, a nice big watering can. ($1) I bought this little white one a few months ago, but it's a little bit too small. This one's more functional, and I'll keep the other one because it's so cute!

Happy summer (finally!).

1 comment:

  1. Cute frogs. Didn't know you could bring geranium blossoms inside. Do they last?

    ReplyDelete