Saturday, June 4, 2016

Small Treasures

Carol and I have not been out saling together for a long time.  We are both in the midst of "kondoing" our own garages.  The last thing we need is more crapola.  But...June is a nice time for garaging here in Newport.  The mornings are gray and cool.  The gardens are blooming and fun to look at.  And you never know what you might find!   So today we ventured out.

With a new puppy in the house I am always on the lookout for dog toys.  You have to be selective:   no plastic eyes or buttons or other chokable parts.  I am constantly picking up toys and feeling them all over to assess.  This Hello Kitty was perfect, and Stella goes through Frisbees like nobody's business, (and vice versa by the way) so here is a new stash.  $2 for the pile.



I can never resist things made of bubbly turquoise glass.  I don't really need these, but they were so cute!  $1

I was a little bit irritated about paying $4 for this really nice Wallaroo hat.  But then I came home and googled it and found out that this exact hat costs $44 on their website.  So...ok. 



Cool earrings that seem like they should already belong to me:  50 cents! 
And finally, the small treasure that makes garage saling worth it:



This may not seem like much to you, but I have sort of a quasi-collection of two-headed objects.  Most of them are clay figurines (like this one) from Mexico or Central America.  This one has one head, but...three views.  Very cool.  But...the real reason that it came home with me was this:
It's a little primitive Stella!  I love it.  And it was practically free:  50 cents!

2 comments:

  1. Nice find on the primitive Stella! And I have paid full price in the past for one of those Wallaroo hats so also a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That primitive Stella is excellent

    ReplyDelete