Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Dog Christmas Story

I was on my way to San Diego yesterday morning, so my saling time was cut short a bit. I did manage to find a couple of nice little goodies before heading south. Snagged these old (I was going to write "vintage" here, but I think that word is getting overused a bit lately...I'll just go with "old") tablecloths. I especially like the one with the cherries. $4 each.


I also found these lovely Italian pasta bowls, a set of eight for $5. They're going to do double duty as soup bowls at our house. Sometimes when soup is extra pretty I want a nice wide, shallow bowl for it.







Finally, the reason for the trip to SD: The Annual Painting of the Christmas Windows at my sister Kathy's house. Her dog, Indy, is always the star attraction. I must admit that this year's theme was a bit lost on me, since I appear to be the only person left on the planet who hasn't seen the movie A Christmas Story. These windows are always a collaborative effort. Kathy comes up with a theme. For the last two years, my daughter Emily has done the preliminary sketches. I usually draw them onto the windows with markers. Then Jackie, Kathy, and I fill them in. Then it's lunch time!

This year: Urban Solace in North Park. Yum.
Here's a photo of the main window for your holiday enjoyment.

5 comments:

  1. I take no credit for this year's theme--that was all Emily. Thanks again for helping. So DAMN cute! And those tablecloths are also cute--whether they are "old" or "vintage."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we going to get to eat our xmas eve soup out of the new bowls? See you in a coupla weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BJackie: Yes! That was one of the main reasons I bought those bowls...many people eating soup on Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never post comments, but I love this blog and I read it every week! (Emily and I did MA work at NAU together, so I found out about it through her)

    I wanted to let you know that I finally went to my first yard sale this past weekend. I wasn't a big spender (only spent 2 bucks), but I enjoyed myself. Bought a seashell trivet for the kitchen (which I've already used!) and a jar of seashell soaps for the guest bathroom.

    Thanks! Happy sailing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rachel M. I hope you have many days of clear sailing in 2011. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete