Saturday, July 9, 2011

Adventure Addict?


Happy summer! It's been a while since I've done any posting. I haven't found anything too terribly exciting in recent weeks, so I've been waiting to consolidate some finds.

Two weeks ago I headed south to sale with my three San Diego sisters. (What a lot of alliteration!) A very cute neighborhood called Talmadge has an annual garage sale event there.

I picked up a few things here and there, but the only ones worthy of posting are the ceramic pots ($2 bucks each) and the little fountain ($5). I think the little wind god or whoever he is on this stone fountain looks very much like our friend, Stan, who happens to be staying with us this summer. Those of you who know Stan, what do you think?


Now I need a little pump to get him

working.



The Child's Garden of Verses is the classic edition, with those old-fashioned Jessie Willcox Smith illustrations. It was $1 at a sale around the corner a couple weeks ago.


Today there were many, many antiques out there. Unfortunately, they all had antique store prices instead of front yard prices. I did find flashy little luggage tags. Joe and I leave for Chicago on Monday, so those will be instantly useful. I'm going to make sure Joe gets the green


"adventure addict" tag. Those of you who know Joe will appreciate the humor there, I think. I picked up those along with this little soapstone elephant dish (very smooth and pretty) from Africa for a grand total of $1.




I hope you're enjoying your own summer adventures.

























1 comment:

  1. I'm going with Bacchus (or Dionysus, depending on your personal preference) for the little fountain guy, based on the grapes and vines around his head.

    ReplyDelete