Saturday, February 5, 2011

Heavy, Metal

It was very slim pickings this morning. I bought three things, coincidentally all metal.

This little blue bookcase is going to go in my classroom. I need a just-right shelf to sit on the side of my desk to hold my massive collection of teacher's manuals. It came from a house around the corner that Roxie and I often pass on our walks. A very sweet old lady, also named Jean, lived there. She was 95. Whenever we saw her she always had a big smile for our Rox. As soon as I saw the garage sale I knew she must have died. So my little blue shelf will be a small, functional memento of sorts.

The two candle holders are very heavy. Too bad there wasn't another one of those tall ones. Oh, well. It will work somewhere.

Total expenditure this morning: $8.

Since the take is so very boring today, this is as good a time as any to show off my Long Beach Veteran's Stadium Flea Market finds. I spent a Sunday morning there last month. Even though I lived in Long Beach for years, I had never been to the legendary flea market. It is huge and also ridiculously crowded. I actually got a bit overwhelmed and didn't even make it through the entire thing. I bought these three little goodies: a pretty little white nightstand from the '40's, which set me back $35. Thankfully, it has wheels, so I was able to rumble it back to my parking space through the sea of cars waiting to exit and enter. The little green stoneware pot was too much money ($10), but it's very pretty and I couldn't resist. Likewise the little rabbit. He, too, is made of metal. Very sweet.








Off to work!

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the other day that now that I have a fish, a turtle, a dog and several birds in my yard, I need a bunny. That little bunny is perfect. I covet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did you really have to go to work today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BJackie: "Off to work" on Saturday means laundry, housekeeping, lawns, & the usual pile of schoolwork that comes home every weekend.

    And I knew you would covet the bunny.

    ReplyDelete