Sunday, October 7, 2012

Remember me?

I have completely forgotten how to post.  Life sort of got in the way of blogging a year ago.  Now I find myself sitting around with time on my hands, surrounded by little goodies I picked up yesterday, and I've decided to try again.

Here goes!




This lovely purple bowl, which totally goes with some smaller ones I picked up more than a year ago, cost all of $2.  I love this color, and the size is perfect for roasted veggies, heaps of mashed potatoes, or piles of ripe pears:  all the goodies that come with fall. 








I had a cheesy little string of white lights hanging in my living room, leftovers from last Christmas.  Yesterday they died.  So in a bizarre coincidence, I came across these pretty little scallop lights.  (Joe said, "Look at those little clam lights!"... so we had a little bivalve lesson).  I asked the woman who was selling them, "Do they work?" and she said, "Yes, just not in my house."  They work in mine!  Again, $2.




I am forever replacing lamps around here.  The good thing about that is that I never pay more than about three bucks for any of them.  All three of these items (purple bowl, scallop lights, and sweet black lamp) came from the same sale, along with a couple of (brand new) picture frames for a total of $10.  I think I may have said this before, but it bears repeating:  you should never spend real money for lamps. 












At another house, there were probably six different suitcases for sale.  It was as if these people said to themselves, "That's it.  We're never going anywhere again."  These two were in great shape:  all zippers and handles in working order, no stains or smells or even any wear and tear!  The Eddie Bauer duffle is a rolling one...very nice.  Both bags:  $20.


Finally, the little tiny Oaxacan figures below were just (in the immortal words of Robert Palmer) completely irresistible.  I have absolutely no need for either a tiny blue turtle or a mini-dragon.  But how can you leave them sitting on a driveway?  Carol picked up three teeny little dinosaurs, too.  $1 each.   

2 comments:

  1. Oh, hooray. You're back!

    I would have probably gone with clams at first too - but, yes, scallops. I see that now. (Love how the woman said they don't work in her house.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Kathy and I paid real money for lamps. Just recently. At Pottery Barn. So ashamed.

    ReplyDelete