Saturday, July 17, 2010

Today's Haul






















Emily & I headed out early this morning because the Armenian Christian Church in our neighborhood was having a rummage sale. We had seen the signs and were trying to come up with a list of things that the Armenian Christians might have for sale: Icons? Samovars?

Here's what they had: about 100 gold chargers and many, many knick knacks. (More about church rummage sales on some future post.)

We left in a hurry and headed out into the neighborhood to search for signs.
Here is a photo of today's haul. The little table & chairs are for the duplex in Tucson where Emily will soon be living. The top comes off the table and then everything folds up flat, so it fit into my little car very easily. I was told that the black box on legs was a "berry basket", but I think it's going to become a home for potted succulents at my house. And I couldn't resist the little Betsey Johnson wallet.

All of this stuff cost us about $47.00.












3 comments:

  1. You could probably sell that Betsy Johnson wallet on eBay for a pretty penny. I love the white wicker basket! (I am a friend of Kathy's...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to see in the pile o' stuff, but we bagged 10 quality CDs--generally hard to come by at yard sales theses days, but three separate places had CDs of better quality than the usual yard sale fare (I've seen a lotta Limp Bizkit albums out there...go figure)

    I came home with an eclectic assortment of albums by Cowboy Junkies (2 albums, 2 yard sales), Chris Isaak, The Stooges, G Love and Special Sauce, Fiona Apple, Paul Simon, and Jackson Browne. Meanwhile, Mom picked up 2 Eric Clapton CDs.

    I reckon the amount we spent on the entire haul would have got us maybe 5 CDs at Second Spin. The super duper bonus here is that I now have this music on my hard drive and I can turn around and sell these CDs back to Bookman's in Tucson for trade credit. Cha-ching!

    @Gracie: I figured if I had a nice basket to put my yarn in, I'd be more inspired to do knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My turtle that you got for free wasn't photo-worthy??

    ReplyDelete